Garnish with fresh thyme leaves before serving. This tool adjusts ingredient amounts only, not method or nutrition information. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Set a wire rack on a rimmed baking sheet. Add the sauce and butter and toss to coat. STEP 2: Place the chopped apple … When America’s favorite protein crosses cultures and winds up on a sheet pan, it’s a winner chicken dinner. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. Not only does it add an additional component of fruit to your meal, it just adds SO much extra flavor for one little fruit. Grind some pepper onto the chicken. Prep time: 10 min Cook time: 35 min Ready in: 45 min Yields: Serves 3 – 4 people. Paleo Slow Cooker Apple Honey Chicken Drumsticks Recipe Infographic – Please Pin. may be needed for recipe success. Additional changes to equipment, baking times, etc. Add apples and reserved chicken. Stir the sesame seeds into the sauce, if using, and warm over medium heat, if necessary. © 2020 KRAFT HEINZ CANADA ULC. Bake 30 minutes; flip the drumsticks and continue baking until golden and crisp, about 30 more minutes. Bake 30 minutes; flip the drumsticks and continue baking until golden and crisp, about 30 more minutes. ( Log Out /  Peel the apples, halve them, remove the seeds and cut them into cubes. Chicken Drumsticks or Chicken Thighs – As I mentioned at the beginning of my post, I love chicken drumsticks. ( Log Out /  Prep time: 10 min Cook time: 35 min Ready in: 45 min Yields: Serves 3 – 4 people. The entire family is sure to love it. Put the drumsticks on the rack and season both sides generously with salt and pepper. This chicken recipe gets its deliciously sweet flavour from the apples and fig balsamic dressing. Apple goes great with all sorts of meats including pork chops and chicken, so when I saw that I had drumsticks available in the fridge, as well as apples, I decided to make this quick and easy meal! Remove and keep warm. Once the oven is preheated, place chicken in the oven for 35 minutes. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used. Add the chicken stock and cider, bring to the boil and add the sliced apples. Maple syrup or honey – Although apples are sweet, this just adds another layer to the actual sauce as part of the chicken meal to enhance the sweet flavors in the recipe. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. Bake at 475° for 25 minutes or until chicken is done and apple is … Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. It just makes logical sense to me This recipe can easily swap between the two types of meats and taste just as good since both cuts of chicken come from close parts of the chicken and still have their skin attached when you purchase it. Throw apple slices throughout the pan, all around the chicken. Perhaps it is the skin on the chicken that keeps the moisture in the chicken altogether along with the bone that adds the additional flavor (but I can’t guarantee you on that explanation. Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. They always remain moist when you cook with them (and never seem to get too dry, unless you REALLY overcook it). The meal will go great, really, with any sides. Stir in the thyme and any leftover flour. Marinate chicken drumsticks in buttermilk, paprika, some poultry seasoning, and other spices to give the chicken a tender texture and zesty flavor. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Set a wire rack on a rimmed baking sheet. Then toss it in flour seasoned with cayenne, paprika, and garlic, and onion powder and fry for a classic Southern fried …