There are countless double cream recipes which you can make for dinner. Trust your nose. Serve with garlic bread sticks. Place the small bag in a larger resealable bag with ice and a spoonful of salt. Done in under an hour, this recipe uses fat-free sour cream to keep fat down but flavor up. Use sour cream as a big component for this chili dish, for a hearty, luscious and filling soup that will stick to your bones and warm you up on a chilly evening. Add in some chicken for protein and heartiness, and it goes great with the sour cream, too. Place 1/2 cup cream, 3 tablespoons sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract in a small resealable bag. Who doesn't love double cream? You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io, How to Cook a Ham and Impress Your Dinner Guests. Therefore, there is no reason why you can't freeze a double cream recipe, especially is dishes such as sauces, pies, curries. This beef stroganoff uses sour cream for the amazing, rich sauce to round it all out. During cranberry season, this upside-down skillet cake is a wonderful way to use the fruit fruit. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Sour cream helps make the muffins light and airy; they will rise a lot when baking. This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. In fact, sometimes cream can last up to a month if you place it in the coldest spot in your refrigerator. Nothing beats the smell of homemade biscuits baking up in the oven! How to make your own lemon cream -which is amazing on toast, pancakes and everything really! Add extra sour cream on top along with some slivered almonds and jam, like apricot, to make the flavors stand out even more. Because of the high fat content in heavy cream, it keeps much longer than milk or half-and-half. You can also use sour cream in an egg and meat breakfast bake, like this one that has ham and eggs, along with fibrous veggies. In fact, reviewers suggest putting a bit less batter in the muffin wells so they don't overflow. Faith N, Credit: Delicious recipe–but I really wish that this and other recipes included more specific information about weight of ingredients, I bought 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts at my supermarket at a weight of 2.4 lbs–way more than 2 servings for most families, and generous for 4. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. Buckwheat Queen, Credit: SunnyByrd, Credit: Take a look at this list below, you might find the alternative you are looking for: In general, cream is a dairy product made from the butterfat layers which one skims from the top of milk. These are not claimed to be Applebee's actual recipes but rather a close approximation. Simple. However, I’m often left with leftovers that will go bad in the fridge if I don’t use quickly. Whether you have a spoonful or more than a cup, here are 30 recipes with heavy cream, including tender cream biscuits, lush scrambled eggs, creamy pasta, no-bake pie, and more. These nachos don't call for a dollop of sour cream. Jennifer Smith, Credit: Load this creamy, thick sour cream soup up with hearty and nutritious veggies to bulk up the fiber and flavor. All photos found on Greedy Gourmet are available for licensing. A friend of mine who used to work at Applebee's gave me 2 recipes that are close to a couple of my favorite dishes from that restaurant. More, Cheesecake Factory Mashed Potatoes Recipe. They are hearty and filling, and the sour cream is the ultimate topper with cheese, veggies, beans, and more. Depending on the quality of your double cream, it can last up to five days. Do you love whisking up homemade vinaigrettes? Put all the ingredients in a stainless steel bowl and whisk until the cream holds its shape. Yum! After cooking proteins, deglaze your skillet with a little broth and a splash of heavy cream for a fabulous quickie pan sauce. A delicious gluten free Banting side dish. This isn’t something to stress over. Right? kimkim79, Credit: Use your leftover cream to make a quick batch of fresh spreadable cheese for bread and crackers. By the time the ice cream in frozen, your kids will be ready to reap the rewards of their hard work, then go to bed! You get tons of protein from the chicken, eggs, and cheese, and the sour cream adds some great flavor and texture to help it all stick together. Fresh whipped cream is just the beginning. However, of all the dairy varieties, heavy cream, with its intense richness, wins when it comes to taste and texture. Take the indulgent factor on this casserole up a notch by making it with thick sour cream as a delicious base. If you wait longer, you will need to re-whip it slightly. DIRECTIONS. There are a couple of things you'll need when cooking or making double cream recipes. Just think of the lavish texture a little cream would create.