Stir in the 2 cups assorted chocolate chips, raisins, nuts etc. This recipe is pretty flexible so don't hesitate to modify to suit your tastes. Press HARD into pan. 2. I just made these today and Wow! The version I made tasted almost identical to the Quaker chocolate chip granola bars that kids love. Increase butter and honey to 1 cup each. Toast oats for 5 minutes in a dry skillet over medium heat. A few changes include whole wheat flour in place of white, have increased the honey & butter a bit, and substituted a cup or two of Rice Crispy's in place of some of the oatmeal to make them a bit lighter and crunchy. I did add the extra honey, as the other reviewers suggested, and I also used a handheld roller to FIRMLY press the mixture into my pan both before and after cooking. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes. I didn't add the brown sugar or the chocolate chips to make them healthier and they came out great. Line an 8-inch pan with parchment paper. They come out perfect every time and everyone loves them!! Amount is based on available nutrient data. If you wish to bake the bars, preheat oven to 350 F. Stir together all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Press down as hard as you can. In a large mixing bowl combine the oats, flour, baking soda, vanilla, butter or margarine, honey and brown sugar. Add the nut butter, liquid sweetener, … I am keeping this recipe. Mix WELL (until sticky). You saved Chewy Granola Bars to your. If it seems too dry and crumbly, add a little more applesauce (by the spoonful). Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Preheat oven to 350°F. The honey made them sweet enough without the extra sugar added. I made a few adjustments like using whole-wheat flour, omitting the sugar and creaming together 2/3 cup butter and 2/3 cup honey together instead and everything came together beautifully! these are great! Freeze bars to make less crumbly. These were delicious!!! Preheat oven to 350° and lightly grease or spray 9 x 13 pan Mix WELL (until sticky). In a separate bowl, whisk together wet ingredients until well blended. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Transfer to the prepared pan. Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Thanks for a great recipe! Privacy Policy Recipe Index, or process oats in a blender to make your own, melted coconut or vegetable oil OR nut butter of choice, Variations: see flavor list under the third photo in this post. i also omitted the chocolate chips and instead used craisins and raisins. The second time i didn't know how much 2/3c was so used 7Tbsp of butter and melted it. I think I was looking for a bar that has the texture of Quaker chewy granola bars. I also added 1/2 cup of peanut butter and reduced the flour to 1/2 cup and mini chocolate chips to 3/4 cup. Congrats! For no-bake healthy granola bars, chill until firm. I added shredded coconut, pecans and 1/2 of a bar of 70% chocolate that I chopped up. I was a bit shy to try this recipe after reading about it being so dry. Let cool completely before cutting into bars. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Extra chewy granola bars. It wasn't chewy like I thought it would be. Increase butter and honey to 1 cup each. These granola bars are AWESOME! this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. yummy! MELT THE BUTTER. (The no-bake option is also firmer if you use coconut oil.) I did not put any brown sugar in it as I thought the trail mix, honey, and applesauce would be enough. They are a favorite by all! Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Suggested additions (add up to 2 cups of any of the following): chocolate chips, raisins (soaked in hot water for 10 minutes then drained), unsweetened shredded coconut, sunflower seeds (unsalted), pumpkin seeds (unsalted), dried fruit (like chopped apricots, cranberries), chopped toasted nuts. Smooth down firmly, using a second sheet of parchment or wax paper. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Store bought breakfast/granola bars are expensive(the good kind anyway) and I wanted to find a homemade recipe to have a nutritious "grab n go" breakfast.I wanted more of a health bar so I used 3 cups of Vitamin Enriched Bran Flakes and 2 1/2 c. oats. For baked granola bars, cook on the center rack 18 minutes, then press down firmly again. I also substitute 1/4 cup Rice Krispies for some of the oats, for better texture. These are the best granola bars I've ever tried, literally. You can make them your own by picking different ingredients to add in! But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. (Updated March 2008), Total Carbohydrate So thank you very much!! For a vegan version, replace the honey with maple syrup. I also substitute 1/4 cup Rice Krispies for some of the oats, for better texture. Cut into bars while warm, but let cool completely before removing from pan. 29.6 g Try using any combination of miniature chocolate chips, sunflower seeds, raisins, chopped dried fruits, candy-coated chocolate pieces, chopped nuts, etc. i made mine healthier by limiting the butter to 1/2 cup and compensated by adding in 1 jar of baby food bananas. I've made these several times. Mixture should be moist but not too wet. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. I was surprised at how soft the texture was and it reminded me of a bland chocolate chip cookie bar. https://honestcooking.com/homemade-chewy-granola-bars-recipe Cheesy Mexican Black Bean Quinoa Casserole. 1. Info. 2 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips. 9 %, cup oil (neutral flavor like sunflower). They held together superbly, and I had no problems with them crumbling at all. Thank you so much for the recipe Nancy! https://www.inspiredtaste.net/21462/soft-and-chewy-granola-bars-recipe Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. The results were great! I am always skipping breakfast and worse yet raiding the vending machine when I get to work. PERFECT! These suggestions from previous reviewers worked best: Excellent! Thanks for sharing this one Nancy! Set aside. Freeze bars to make less crumbly. Add wet mixture to dry ingredients and blend gently until well moistened. The result is a chewy, almost cake-like granola bar though not at all similar to any that you would find in the supermarket. I was not impressed with this recipe at all. I put the bran flakes and 2 cups of the oats in a food processor and blended it to form a "cornmeal" type texture. 1. 2. These suggestions from previous reviewers worked best: Add any of the suggested additions now (see Step 8). This is absolutely awesome!! PERFECT! I decreased my oats to 4 cups, used one stick butter, 1/2 c. honey, 1/2 c. applesauce, and 12 ounces of trail mix (which I may change out later). Let bars cool completely in pan before removing or serving. https://www.eatwell101.com/healthy-homemade-granola-bars-recipes 4. Try the tips I used and believe me you wont be disappointed..there's tons of room in this recipe for tweaking and adjusting to your own preference. Let cool. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition Toast oats for 5 minutes in a dry skillet over medium heat. Line a 9in x 13in pan with parchment paper and press mixture into pan. In a large mixing bowl combine the oats, flour, baking soda, vanilla, butter or margarine, honey and … And, try some of the suggested additions. We have also cut down on the chips to 1 cup as 2 cups were much too sweet for us. I feel better about my kids eating something homemade without all the processing of packaged ones! Let cool for 10 minutes then cut into bars. In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients (including oats) and whisk together until well combined. These were incredible!!! This is a base recipe that is full of nutrient rich ingredients but yet is not overly sweet. Add the oats and rice cereal to a large bowl and mix until evenly combined. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. We found them a bit crumbly too. https://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/healthy-granola-bars-recipe I've made these several times. 3. 299 calories; protein 4.3g 9% DV; carbohydrates 42.9g 14% DV; fat 14g 22% DV; cholesterol 18.1mg 6% DV; sodium 123.4mg 5% DV. This one is great. Cinnamon berry granola bars 88 ratings 4.8 out of 5 star rating These granola bars are great for lunchboxes, breakfast on the run or just with a cup of coffee Whisk liquid ingredients together in a separate bowl, then stir wet into dry. The first time I made these they came out crumbly and was the only one that ate them. this helped to prevent them from crumbling. 4. Lightly press mixture into the prepared pan. Press HARD into pan. Excellent! I always have to have it available to eat!! We were going through boxes and boxes of store bought chewy granola bars so I searched for a recipe so we could make our own. I assure you that mine did NOT come out dry. Preheat the oven to 350F and line a 9×9″ baking tin with parchment paper. halfway through the bake time, i removed the pan from the oven and pressed the mixture firmly into the pan again. 3. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Lightly grease one 9x13 inch pan.