Yum! Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Congrats! I really enjoyed the process and how fresh it was. Once they are frozen solid, I can rearrange them in my freezer however they fit best. Both are tomato based sauces. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Even with doctoring it up it was bland yet spicy at the same time. I'm looking for out-of-this world flavor and this recipe didn't even come close. It was straight up Vege Sauce... A most definite keeper. Homemade Italian spaghetti sauce from an Italian family. Now I can make batches of this until my tomatoes are gone and freeze it for later!! By signing up you agree to thestayathomechef.com's terms of use and privacy policy. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. Peeled, ground tomatoes are slowly simmered with onion, garlic, basil, red wine and Italian seasoning to make a rich, traditional sauce. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Homemade Spaghetti Sauce is so full of flavor and it's easy to make it in large batches for freezing or canning for easy homemade meals that are prepared ahead. I decided last minute to do this one evening so I didn’t have the 4 hours to simmer. Made the spaghetti sauce in a crock pot and left to simmer for 8 hours. People are correct as to the water volume,thats a ridiculous amount. I used tomatoes from my garden and it is my first time cooking with fresh tomatoes instead of canned. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. The best spaghetti sauce is made using San Marzano tomatoes. I believe because the flavors were so intense compared to sauce from a jar. I made this recipe using REGULAR peeled ground tomatoes. This was delicious!! This was my first ever attempt at homemade spaghetti sauce. Our recipe uses onions, garlic, dried herbs, crushed tomatoes and a pinch of sugar, salt and black pepper. I had to cook for about 6 hours to get it to not be so watery and the taste was worst then the cheapest canned store bought sauce in my opinion. This was sooooo good! Keeping roasted garlic volume from fire roasted recipe. Use an. 1 pound ground beef (or 1/2 lb ground Italian sausage and 1/2 lb ground beef) That’s what I’m making for tonight’s dinner. Your email address will not be published. I serve this spaghetti sauce up with my Homemade Baked Meatballs. Thank you Rachel for sharing =), No water, just all these ingredients and simmer 4 hours? The longer you cook it the better it tastes. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Using the spices from this recipe using the grill blackened tomatoes from fire roasted recipe. extra virgin olive oil, tomatoes, garlic cloves, fresh ground black pepper and 4 more. .wprm-recipe-rating .wprm-rating-star.wprm-rating-star-full svg * { fill: #c6a42d; }, Share on Facebook After the changes the sauce seems much better and has a lot more flavor to it. In large saucepan over medium heat, saute onion and garlic in olive oil until soft. I use the almost the same recipe I leave out the fennel.. Had to double receipe as it didnt seem like enough for dinner and to freeze. Bring to a simmer. Share on Linkedin San Marzano is a variety of plum tomatoes. I will definately make this again. I added some other goodies from the garden as well. I simmered it all day and it made the house smell wonderful. Roughly adding 50% ? this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Homemade Spaghetti Sauce is so full of flavor and it's easy to make it in large batches for freezing or canning for easy homemade meals that are prepared ahead. Place it on high for 4-5 hours and you’ll have a well developed spaghetti sauce. A keeper! Paste 1. I do tend to like marinara a bit more but this was fantastic. Lay flat on a pan and place in the freezer until solid. It wasn't BAD but it wasn't great. Ingredients 2 teaspoons olive oil ½ small onion, chopped 2 medium (4-1/8" long)s green onions, chopped 2 teaspoons crushed garlic 1 (28 ounce) can peeled and diced tomatoes 4 teaspoons dried basil 4 teaspoons dried oregano 1 teaspoon white sugar CAN EASILY MAKE AT HOME, Copyright © 2020 thestayathomechef.comAll rights reserved. I made meatballs and just cook them directly in the sauce for extra flavor. 124 calories; protein 5.8g 12% DV; carbohydrates 19.6g 6% DV; fat 2.4g 4% DV; cholesterol 0mg; sodium 659.1mg 26% DV. You can find canned San Marzano tomatoes at your grocery store. Thank you for the conversion to IP time!! Spaghetti and meatballs is such a family favorite, I almost always have frozen spaghetti sauce and meatballs in my freezer. Then I lay all of the bags on a baking sheet and pop it in the freezer. I followed this recipe and as most people found it is hard to find tomatoes in a paste form already. Reduce heat to low and simmer 3 hours, stirring occasionally. Marinara has very simple additional flavorings added to it like garlic, salt, and basil. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition I added about a 1/4 cup of red wine, hamburger meat, meatballs and pepperoni. … Can’t wait. The skins can then be easily removed. My house smells great! These tomatoes have a stronger flavor and are sweeter and less acidic. I probably won't make this again unless I make some serious changes. Rich, thick, and flavorful. Watch the video below where I walk you through every step of this recipe. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. I must admit this is the first time I have ever made this type of sauce without hamburger and sausage mixed in to start with the flavor turning out very well. I found the spices really worked well together. They also freeze quite well so you can have a complete, from scratch homemade freezer meal waiting for those hectic nights. THANKS for sharing your fabulous recipes.. My favorite sauce recipe! You can find my full collection of video recipes on YouTube or right here on my website with their corresponding recipes. This recipe needed some tweaking in my opinion. For a little extra flavor I add a beef bone. This recipe calls for 1-4 hours of simmering. You rock!!! I found an instant pot time conversion online and made in my instant pot.