After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. High-ranking individuals tend to have more power over their subordinates. Shop for Women's Fashion from Korea - Accessories (Most Popular), Bags (Most Popular), Lifestyle (Most Popular), Shoes (Most Popular), Dresses, Tees / T-Shirts, Casual Tops, Blouses & Shirts, and more at YesStyle.com - Free Shipping on orders over US$ 35. It is a Korean custom to refuse a gift several times before accepting it, to show it is of less importance than the relationship itself, and should be opened in private to avoid comparisons. Your country was not recognised. Make sure your presentation has been tailored to the counterpart business; placing your logo with theirs in the first and last slides is a simple but effective way to do so. By continuing your navigation on our website. Confrontation is to be avoided at all cost as once “kibun” is lost it cannot be regained. So don’t dress to show how good you look in bright colors, dress to impress the people you will be making business with. Flexible contracts are preferred so that adjustments can be made. (안녕하세요! As for who pays the bill, tradition dictates the oldest person pays; other options include one side paying the bill with the latter doing the same during the next meal. Why? Women can wear business suits or dresses, but again in dark colors so you blend in with the rest of the office. As a good little college girl, I paid attention and took notes; I was so ready for the working world…but only the American one. Slurping when eating noodles or soup is a sign of appreciation and enjoyment of the meal. Not really the best lesson to be teaching the kiddies in English class! Small gifts are an accepted and recommended practice, must be given with both hands and respect ranks and hierarchies if done in public. Public offices and many private offices are closed on Saturday and Sunday. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Cancellations are normal, but recurring cancellations may suggest the other party is not interested in doing business with us. At the end of a meeting, a low, deep bow from our Korean partners indicates a successful meeting. I’ll admit it: I love Birkenstocks. Tools and resources to help your company expand globally, In this page: Even regular street fashion in Korea is more conservative than America on the cleavage front. The Korean business dress code is formal: dark suit, white shirt and dark tie for men and suits, dresses or skirts for women. From what I can gather, if the top is lower, at any point, than three inches above you nipple line, you’ll get some not so good looks from coworkers. – an-nyeong-ha-se-yo!) Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Koreans usually use titles, rather than personal names. The most suitable time to arrange a business meeting is between 10am-12pm or 2pm-4pm. Punctuality is essential as arriving on time is a sign of respect. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Price and other details may vary based on size and color, COOFANDY Men's Slim Fit Turtleneck Sweater Casual Knitted Twisted Pullover Solid Sweaters, Minibee Women's Casual Cotton Linen Blouse Plus Size High Low Shirt Long Sleeve Tops, SweatyRocks Women's Casual Lace Up Long Sleeve Pullover Crop Top Sweatshirt, ZAFUL Women's High Waisted Solid Jogger Pants Outdoor Cargo Pants, BomDeals Adorable Cute Toddler Baby Girls Clothes Set,Long Sleeve T-Shirt +Pants Outfit, Amazon Essentials Men's Slim-fit Wrinkle-Resistant Flat-Front Chino Pant, YESNO E78 Women Casual Loose Tee T-Shirts Tops Cartoon Printed Rolled Hem Ripped Short Sleeve Pocket, YESNO WM9 Women Casual Cute Sweater Vest Loose Swing Hemline/Pockets, SweatyRocks Women's Color Block Half Sleeve High Low Casual Loose T-Shirt Tops, Simple Joys by Carter's Baby Girls' 4-Pack Fleece Pants, PRETTYGARDEN Women's Loose Drop Shoulder Long Lantern Sleeve Round Neck Fashion Pullover Knit Sweater Tops, Minuoyi Sports High Waist with Underpants Tennis School Cheerleader Pleated Skirt. Before talking business, it is common to have small talk to build rapport. All Women's Clothing New Arrivals Activewear Bras, Panties & Lingerie Cashmere Coats Dresses Hoodies & Sweatshirts Jackets & Blazers Jeans Jumpsuits & Rompers Loungewear Pajamas & Robes Pants & Leggings Skirts Suits & Suit Separates Sweaters Swimwear Tights, Socks, & Hosiery Tops If you see a bra advertisement, you will see that in many ads, the woman featured is wearing a bra with no shirt, along with a sweater, an unbuttoned oversized oxford shirt, or a suit jacket covering her shoulders. 1 – Binyeo. Therefore, any incident related to the contents or services must be resolved between the user and Export Entreprises S.A.; with no involvement or responsibility from Banco Santander, S.A. or any of its subsidiaries. © Copyright 2009-2020 Pink Pangea, All Rights Reserved. Korean Culture 101 - Who pays for the meal? © Export Entreprises SA, All Rights Reserved. Emphasise competitor analysis. It is advised to be modest and humble. It is usual to address a counterpart by his surname followed by his title and “Nim”, as for example “Kim Director Nim”. Santander Trade offers a set-content, database and tools provided and managed by Export Entreprises S.A. Santander provides access to its client companies but is totally unrelated to the contents and services provided which are, fully, the responsibility of Export Entreprises S.A. In America, it would have been acceptable work attire, but in Korea, it was too revealing. You’re seeing this ad based on the product’s relevance to your search query. Kylie Genter is an English teacher in South Korea. Also avoid dominating a conversation, especially if the other party is not fluent in English. – ban-gab-seub-ni-da!) or "Nice to meet you!" Since business cards are important in introductions, you should emphasise your title so that the correct authority, status and rank is established. It is advised to spend no more than 10 minutes in your presentation and leave the remaining time for discussion. Cards should be presented and accepted with both hands, as well as read and studied with respect before being placed on the table. Latest Update: October 2020. It is used for fixing … Gwanbok is a Korean general term referring to all business attires of government officers given by government, with Rank badge on them to distinguish hierarchies. I didn’t know this and unintentionally looked like a slob. Should you ever come to Korea, you’ll probably see an advertisement for bras and underwear. See more ideas about Office fashion women, Office ladies, Office dresses for women. If you put your arms straight down and touch skin, it’s too short. Santander, Santander Trade and the Flame logo are registered trademarks. meaning one must have clean, conservative socks. Your email address will not be published. Maintaining their “kibun” (face, honour, personal dignity) is generally highly important for Koreans. You should avoid excessive text, opting instead for visually engaging and high-quality graphics. Please check the spelling. The Korean traditional outfits portfolio even has its own hairpins. and to state your name during greetings. In America, it would have been acceptable work attire, but in Korea, it was too revealing. It is recommended to send proposals, company brochures and marketing materials in both Korean and English before the meeting. Unfortunately, they look like the slippers people wear in their houses, and when you wear them to work, you look like a slob. I got in a bit of trouble last summer when I wore a tank top with a sweater over it because the tank top was too low. Hopefully this little list will be helpful and hopefully it will remind me to keep my wardrobe in check as the weather starts to heat up on the Korean Peninsula. Miniskirts, of course, are taboo, as are revealing or skin-tight outfits. : My Major Dilemma While Living in Salamanca, Your Preparation Guide for Myanmar Travel, Florence Travel Tips: Beware of Getting Robbed in Italy. All rights reserved. Sep 12, 2013 - Explore Korean Fashion & Beauty's board "Korean Office Lady Style", followed by 903 people on Pinterest. Meetings should be scheduled a few weeks in advance. I got in a bit of trouble last summer when I wore a tank top with a sweater over it because the tank top was too low. I’ve made a lot of mistakes and I’m still feeling my way through Korean fashion, particularly appropriate work fashion. South Koreans also value education and innovation and company loyalty. However, top Korean business executives may arrive a few minutes late to appointments because of their extremely busy and pressured schedule. Also, if you teach little kids you might want to skip flowy, loose skirts as many a child will be tempted to pull them up to see what’s underneath. This isn’t to suggest that American workplaces are okay with women showing a lot of cleavage, but in Korea, they’re even more sensitive about it. Also consider it is customary to take off one's shoes (at home, at a restaurant, etc.) On the contrary, a quick, short parting bow could express dissatisfaction. Women wear conservative skirts and white blouse. South Korean business dress code is traditionally conservative, with a dark color palette, men wear a black suit with a white shirt and a discrete colored tie. Status is important, and respected in workplace and society. Report It to Us. Required fields are marked *. I could write loads about the differences in resumes, interviews, and working hours, but for now I’m going to focus on what’s given me the most trouble: dressing for work in Korea. Business hours are typically 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Monday through Friday) and 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. (Saturday). Pleated Checkerboard Skirts Womens High Waisted Checkered Skirt Harajuku Dancing Korean Style … When I was about to graduate from college, my school hosted several seminars and events focused on how to get a job after graduation. Because showing your shoulders is kind of a no-no. Your email address will not be published. Confucianism supports group harmony, respect for elders and authority, the importance of family, friendship and ancestors and, also, tradition.