Chicken Parmesan is one of my favorites. Liberally sprinkle with salt and pepper. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Add 2 cutlets and cook until the coating is golden brown, about 1 minute per side; the chicken will not be cooked through. I like the ideas of the saltines and parmesan so I might try it again, but cook it in a little butter instead of oil. Line another rimmed baking sheet with foil. Place one sheet of plastic on a clean cutting board. All rights reserved. Transfer to the wire rack. Whisk the breadcrumbs, 1/4 cup of the Parmesan, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper in a medium bowl until combined. Smash the tomatoes with a potato masher until almost smooth; it's ok if it's a little chunky. © 2020 Discovery or its subsidiaries and affiliates. I sometimes serve it with spaghetti sauce. Add the garlic, oregano and red pepper flakes and cook until very fragrant but not brown, about 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, basil and 1 teaspoon salt. For the coating, we prefer to start with plain breadcrumbs and enhance them with our favorite flavors. This is so quick and easy to make. If you like fish, then it's probably good, but unfortunately I don't. Repeat with the remaining cutlets. Season with salt. Cut two 12-inch sheets of plastic wrap. Repeat with the remaining chicken. Pound the chicken with the flat side of a meat mallet, starting in the center and working your way to the edges, until the chicken is 1/4-inch thick. Arrange the chicken in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet, spaced 3 inches apart. Then pack the seasoned breadcrumbs firmly onto the chicken. Transfer to the foil-lined baking sheet in a single layer 3 inches apart. I place the chicken breasts between two pieces of waxed paper and flatten them with a rolling pin. Will be making this again real soon. Set a wire rack inside a rimmed baking sheet. Chicken Breasts with Tarragon-Shallot Butter, Chicken Parm Sliders with Garlic Bread Ciabatta Buns. And our very simple, classic Italian-American tomato sauce has a bright and tomato-y flavor that cuts through the richness of the chicken and pasta. Cut the Cut two 12-inch sheets of plastic wrap. All rights reserved. Cook the spaghetti, stirring occasionally, until al dente. I like this recipe with cracker crumbs, but I've found it more convenient to use packaged breadcrumbs (I like the Italian-seasoned kind). FOR US, chicken breasts prepared this way is a nice reminder of when abalone was found in markets and menus on the West Coast. —Marian Platt, Sequim, Washington, Crispy Parmesan Chicken Recipe photo by Taste of Home. In a small skillet, cook chicken in oil for 2-3 minutes per side or until juices run clear. Arrange an oven rack directly under the broiler and preheat to high. Set a wire rack inside a rimmed baking sheet. 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 8 ounces each), Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, 1/2 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for serving, 3 sprigs basil, plus torn leaves for serving. I like to add Italian seasoning to the bread crumbs for extra flavor. Sign up for the Recipe of the Day Newsletter Privacy Policy. Heat 1/3 cup of the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. thickness. I often make it with chicken tenders, or I just use a chicken breast and cut it in half (I have trouble flattening chicken). It's a wonderful, simple recipe. Line another rimmed baking sheet with foil. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Sprinkle each cutlet with 1 tablespoon of the Parmesan and 1/2 cup mozzarella. shake off any excess and return to the rack. In another shallow bowl, combine Parmesan cheese and cracker crumbs. Yummy! https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/239507/quick-baked-chicken-parmesan It always sounds so daunting.This is very easy and tastes great. Copyright 2019 Television Food Network, G.P. Flatten chicken breasts to 1/4-in. Meanwhile, make the sauce. Dip chicken in egg, then coat with the crumb mixture. Top each cutlet with 2/3 cup of the sauce and spread evenly to coat. Shake to remove any excess and return to the rack. Put it on crusty bread, add some provolone or mozzarella (you could brown it in the broiler) and some sauce. This coating made my chicken taste fishy. Very gently. Drain and transfer to the remaining sauce. This easy recipe is the basis for all sorts of chicken dishes at my house. Dip the dredged chicken into the milk mixture, allowing any excess to drip off. Sprinkle with more Parmesan and serve with torn basil. Heat the remaining 1/2 cup oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cut the chicken breasts in half lengthwise, making 4 roughly equal pieces; they should look like large chicken tenders. Repeat with the remaining chicken, one piece at a time. Put the flour in a pie plate and dredge the chicken 1 piece at a time, turning to coat and packing the flour into the crevices. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/crispy-parmesan-chicken These are good as sandwiches. Whisk the milk and egg in a medium bowl until combined. Athenian Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, Chicken Portobello with Mashed Red Potatoes, 11 Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese Recipes, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents, 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, 3 tablespoons finely crushed saltine or butter-flavored cracker crumbs. Transfer the spaghetti to a serving dish and top with the chicken. Refrigerate uncovered at least 30 minutes and up to 12 hours. Chicken Parmesan should have, well, Parmesan. Put one chicken piece in the center of the plastic and top with the other sheet of plastic. So we not only topped ours with it, we added it to the crust for even more flavor and texture. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer and cook, uncovered, until the tomatoes are very tender and the liquid has reduced by half, about 30 minutes. Then we add rice, or potato salad, or basically any side, and we have a great meal! Gently stir until the sauce coats the pasta. Beat egg in a shallow bowl. we loved this recipe husband was upset because there wasn't enough for leftovers! These days, abalone is scarce, so my son discovered a way to prepare chicken to resemble our favorite food. Broil until the cheese melts and starts to brown in spots, 2 to 3 minutes.