Who wants to drink that? Powerade causes cancer? You need to be a member in order to leave a comment. O. You cant prevent it...Just live your life. Brominated vegetable oil (BVO) — a chemical that binds to fat in the body and stays there — was present in Powerade fruit punch and strawberry lemonade flavors. The power is indeed shifting from companies to the hands of its consumers toward a healthier future. Coca-Cola’s removal of BVO may also be a business strategy, as more Americans are cutting back on soda and have become bigger sports drinks consumers. This slideshow shares some information you might find helpful. Kavanagh’s Powerade petition had more than 59,000 online supporters, while the Gatorade one had more than 200,000. Anyway, I just thought it would be ok to ask here... Let us know when you come down with cancer. Powerade does not cause gout because of the carbohydrates included in the drink. Followers 1. Did you know that if your hand is bigger than your face you have cancer? Videos are often thought of as being a waste of time, but there may be some benefits to online gaming, such as social connections to combat loneliness. Recommended Posts. When did organ music become associated with baseball? Who is the actor in the Capital One commercial that plays Santa Claus? Sign up for a new account in our community. Over the next decade, the International Energy Agency expects renewable energy to account for 80% of the world's power consumption. This new study shows how your Facebook feed may be affecting your emotional health. What is 35 degrees Celsius in Fahrenheit? There’s nothing fishy about the benefits of omega-3s. All Rights Reserved. Coca-Cola’s decision to remove BVO from its Powerade drinks is evidence that food makers are coming under pressure for the ingredients they use in their products. Powerade does not cause gout because of the carbohydrates included in the drink. “Thanks to the people who signed my petition on Change.org, I’m glad to know the Powerade sold at my school and consumed by people around the world will be a little bit healthier without BVO in it. Coca-Cola removes flame retardant-linked chemical, brominated vegetable oil, from its Powerade ingredient list after undergoing consumer scrutiny. Last year, PepsiCo removed BVO from its Gatorade ingredient list in response to customer feedback. Or what to do if you find the critters? What is the value of a circa 1928 rocking chair made by the northwest chair company? Who is the longest reigning WWE Champion of all time? roflmao, July 9, 2009 in Physical Fitness, Health & Weight Management. At this point I think everything causes cancer to some extent. The amount of calories and sugar in Powerade can lead to weight gain and increase the risk of diabetes, heart disease, and even cancer.