Use critical thinking skills to learn some ways people come together as a community of helpers. Thank you for your wonderful generosity! Follow the whole series to learn about all 26 letters. Recently I shared a printable list of CVC words that you can use when planning activity for your child or students. I love all your games. […] 10 DIY Reading Games via The Measured Mom […], […] DIY Reading games for kids by The Measured […], […] http://www.themeasuredmom.com/10-diy-reading-games-for-kids […], […] it and touch it, only if you are touching the right letter are you safe. We recommend signing up for just one at a time. Make sure to watch the video first, and then color in the pages. Welcome to The Measured Mom. I can’t afford to pay for many of the games on teachers pay teachers. Common Sense and other associated names and logos are trademarks of Common Sense Media, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization (FEIN: 41-2024986). Baby & Toddler (0-2) Pre-K (3–5) Growing Reader (6–8) Tween (9–12) Teen (13+) ... Preschoolers … By submitting my email, I acknowledge that I have read and agree to Penguin Random House’s Privacy Policy and Terms of Use. Find tasty treats with the hungry letter E. Follow the whole series to learn about all 26 letters. Looking for reading games you can make yourself? Join adventurous letter I for a day at the beach. Very creative. Great ideas ! Have kids gather all their stuffed animals and "read" their favorite book to the group. Each cup should have a single vowel written on it. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Don’t forget to grab my free printable list of CVC words to help you make the games! Take a car ride with Baa Baa the sheep in this printable storybook. Take turns making up a creative story before bedtime. Get outside—or stay in!—and create an obstacle course that gets kids moving and building literacy skills. Four in a row wins. Read and solve the riddle clues that contain sight words. Stretch your imagination by making up stories using a mixture of household items placed in a box. Watch the video first, and then color in the pages. Playdough to Plato shows you how to make these word family spinners. Spin the color spinner. Her goal in childhood was to read every book in the children's section of the library. Use this crafty activity to help your little one learn and identify letters of the alphabet. Envía la palabra familia en un mensaje de texto a este número: 21555. Disclaimer: The provided resources include links to external websites or applications that are governed by their own privacy policies or information-collection practices, which may be substantially different from those of Common Sense Media. The first player to collect three riddle cards wins. Make up your own game and rules. © Common Sense Media. Get strategies and tools for teaching sight words to young learners! Make your own Go Fish game using sight words or vocabulary words. This post contains affiliate links. Watch and listen to this reading of a picture book about what it's like to be a refugee. Learn how to play Word Family Snowball Toss at I Can Teach My Child. Such a great addition to your language arts instruction. Listen to the story and think about how you're feeling about the coronavirus. *SMS charges may apply depending on your phone plan. Fairy tales and fables in French, Spanish, Italian, German, and English include audio and video downloads for offline use. Find a favorite book or a beloved celebrity to listen to a story read aloud. Find your way to some early literacy skills in this fun, and active, letter-learning game. 10 must-read posts to make your kid totally hooked on books | Appetite For Education, Home Educators Association of Virginia » The Homeschool Classroom – September 7, 2016, http://www.themeasuredmom.com/10-diy-reading-games-for-kids, Tips for Beating Summer Skill Regression! Go on an adventure with the magical letter T. Follow the whole series to learn about all 26 letters. Find out what happens to Sylvester and how he learned to be grateful for what he has. Listen to a trickster tale from Africa about the spider Anansi—it's only five minutes. Join our email list and get this sample pack of time-saving resources from our membership site! Editable Seasonal Sight Word Game – MEGA PACK! this year with homeschool. Choose a few of the listed activities to build the fine motor skills needed to grasp a pencil and learn to write. Tell an animated story with fun characters, settings, props, recorded narration, and more. I’m so glad my site is helpful to you, Elaine! Read a word on that color tile and put a chip on it. Listen to Daniel read stories aloud, and learn important social-emotional skills along the way. Work with Pinkalicious to write and create your own story. Read this sweet ebook about some grandchildren who want to help their grandmother find her courage. Reading Games at PrimaryGames Play free online Reading and Language Arts games online with our huge collection of learning games. Use your library card for access, and then watch Scaredy Squirrel get over his fear of making friends. Watch and listen to these stories, read in either English or Spanish by teachers. http://thisreadingmama.com/more-free-a_e-printables/. Learn my must-follow tips for teaching the alphabet in this free 5-day email series! Pick a book and draw, build, or just relax as you listen. Do you have activities for long vowels , please? Follow the whole series to learn about all 26 letters. Titles in multiple languages as well. Navigate mazes, befriend unicorns, and explore while practicing numbers, letters, and more preschool skills. Your email address will not be published. ← Abilities, Summer "Vacation" - Miss Gadish Miss Gadish, Tired of Struggling to Keep Your Child Reading? This pre-K app makes it easy and fun for young kids to immerse themselves in foundational skills like reading, counting, social-emotional learning, and more. Connect four words in a row to win. And many of these reading games are free! All rights reserved. They say it comes back tenfold I pray that it’s true. Read and listen to your selections directly within the app. The Measured Mom Plus is the perfect online membership for Pre-K to third grade educators. Just click an image to sign up. Discover different cultural traditions from around the world and the things we all have in common, too. Along the way, learn the elements of a great story. Help young kids put all the pieces together as they learn to spell their own name, building foundational literacy skills along the way. If you search her site for long e, long i, etc. Use the letter tiles to create three letter words. Venture across the ocean with the singing letter O. Can you guess the letter someone writes on your back? What if all your wishes could come true? Check out these excellent literacy apps, games, and websites to help build phonemic awareness, phonics, fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension. Sign up to get the latest news about Wide Open School in your inbox from Common Sense. Create word family eggs with plastic Easter eggs at Playdough to Plato. Use this free, bilingual app in a wide variety of ways, including telling stories, learning vocabulary, and using creativity. The only limits are your imagination ... and bedtime! Her original idea is to use the reading voices for reading words, but I think it would be fun to read entire stories or parts of stories in these silly voices, don’t you? Simply type up to 12 words, and they’ll autofill into the 150 seasonal games. Free on Audible. Download this free app or visit the website to read free ebooks and get great tips that can spark a love of reading. Learn smart strategies for helping your learners become fluent readers with this free 5-day series! #teachingreading #kindergarten … Listen and subscribe on iTunes, Spotify, and Stitcher. This activity is great for primary and early […], […] than the other options. Build sentences and stories. And when you do, you'll get access to our library of subscriber freebies! The first one to the treasure chest wins. Filed Under: Reading, Sight words, CVC Words Tagged With: first grade, second grade, sight words, kindergarten, CVC words. Race around the board by reading short passages and answering the detail questions correctly. This Reading Mama has some great long vowel packs which you might be able to use: http://thisreadingmama.com/long-a-vowel-pack/ For more DIY early reader reading games, check out the Measured Mom’s list! Take turns quizzing each other. Your grandkids will enjoy them in your place, Dad. Choose characters, sets, props, and more. Audible has just made a selection of their books free. Print these worksheets or make your own to practice tracing letters and using fine motor skills. Education resources for parents and teachers. These are perfect if you’re short on time! Talk about some ways to get past fears. Sign up by texting kids to 21555. From the Committee for Children, this show encourages kids to use their imaginations to talk about the big feelings we all have. If you make a mistake, stay on the outer ring. Get kids engaged with words and give them the supports to understand definitions, uses, and meanings. Then expand to include lowercase letters and even numbers. Kids Activities Blog made a  simple phonics flip book with a wirebound index card book. Create pairs or groups of four. We have used our plastic eggs for several games. “Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.” –Matthew 6:33, Copyright © 2020 The Measured Mom •  All rights reserved  •  Privacy & Disclosure Statement  •  Site Design by Emily White Designs, YOU’LL LOVE OUR EDITABLE SIGHT WORD GAMES. Phonics books for 2-syllable words (-le, -el, -ar,-er,-or), Before, during & after guided reading activities. Enjoy listening to the original Mary Poppins read a variety of wonderful stories. Play now! Play educational reading games like Hangaroo, The ABC Game, Chicktionary, and Fowl Words. So a fun way to improve reading skills is by playing reading games. Read it correctly and you can keep it. Build knowledge with these high-quality, daily instructional video lessons for ELA (grades K–8), math (grades K–12), and science (grades 3–5). These fun reading games are quick to make - and so effective for learners in kindergarten and first grade! Have you seen this idea? Free on Hoopla with a library card. Subscribing to our email newsletter is completely free. And meet Mrs. Ghazali's kitten! Learn more about these word towers with stacking cups at Kathy Griffin’s Teaching Ideas. It’s no secret that kids love to play. Follow along with this video as Mrs. Ghazali reads a father's poem for his daughter. Read a riddle then move to get the tile with the riddle’s answer. . You can make Playdough to Plato’s  word family dice. Catch a sight word fish. Sign up for our free 5-day email series to learn what phonics skills to teach and how to structure your phonics lessons! Kids' books that celebrate Native American heritage. Listen to the true story of a boy who discovered his musical talent, worked hard, and grew up to be an award-winning musician. Use word stickers on your Connect Four game pieces. Get the latest on books and authors from Penguin Random House.