If you hadn’t heard, Des Moines has one of the best food scenes in the Midwest, with enough unique restaurants to keep your taste buds entertained indefinitely. Highly, highly recommend! Muddler, cocktail shaker, measuring cup, check, check check! I almost forgot my favorite ingredient… a cute vintage glass! Add ice, shake 15 to 20 seconds, and strain into a rocks glass over fresh ice. I think they would be mushy or rubbery by 10 days. Exotic destination in glass anyone? Perfect for Thanksgiving or another large meal where there's an abundance of heavy foods. I have made it twice in two days. Cover; blend until very smooth. Place the cilantro and serrano into a cocktail shaker and pour in the juice. In a cocktail shaker, muddle the cucumber slices, wasabi, and simple syrup. Just before serving, add dill and lemon juice and toss to combine. It’s refreshing, makes enough for a crowd (perfect next time you host an outdoor barbecue), and has a little kick to it that will keep you from downing the whole pitcher before your guests arrive! Score! All rights reserved. Enjoying one now. All perfect summer ingredients. So, I set to work creating my version of the cocktail we were all googly-eyed over! Cover and let rest in a cool, dark place for 4 hours. My boyfriend and I devoured the first batch in one day... they are amazing. Spicy Cucumber Cocktail Chili Pepper Madness. Not sure where any of you see a video, but this recipe is SOOOO easy why would you need one. They say that lighter, “green” flavors are becoming more popular, and in the last five years there’s been an almost 400 percent increase in the use of cucumber as a flavor globally. 223 cals, 0 g pro, 24 g carb, 0 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 0 g sat fat, 0 g fiber, 3 mg sodium. I like to place my basil in a little vase and the ingredients in vintage glass dishes so everything is cut and ready to go before my guests arrive. They are frozen, smooth, pineapple-y, sweet, and perfect for summer! Juicing the cucumber wasn’t too bad, and I don’t have a veggie juicer. Prepping the cucumber juice, lime, basil, and hot peppers in advance will make cocktail hour more fun and less work. Add Saint Germain and vodka to strained cucumber liquid. Creating great tasting cocktails at home is easy once you have some recipes. If it’s summer and there is no rum, I must not be there! Make Ahead Directions: Prepare as directed through step 3. Top with ginger beer. Can’t wait to try these! I am going to keep making them to have on hand and to snack on. Wasabi is an interesting ingredient and one that is not normally associated with cocktails. Every course was exquisite, with a variety of textures and flavors that kept us all guessing and wanting more. Can you tell me where you found it or what it’s called? The last step is straining the puree through a fine mesh sieve so you have a clear green juice. Love this cucumber cocktail! i'm leaning towards 10 days, not 6 hrs. Transfer to a blender. If you pour the average 80-proof gin, this drink shakes up to just 20 percent ABV (40 proof). With hot peppers and savory Thai basil, this cucumber drink is cool and refreshing, with a nice, slow jalapeno burn at the finish. Would eat every day. Use an English (sometimes referred to as “seedless”) cucumber for this. I settled on cucumber as a base because juiced cucumbers are wonderfully refreshing in a cocktail. supposedly recipe and video aren't the same, so i need to see the video, because the recipe seems a bit ... too briefly pickled.