If using a double boiler, bring water to boil then add the chocolate chips, and mix until about 75% melted. It’s naturally vegan, gluten free and healthier than typical frosting! Cook Time: 40 minutes. Another Small Batch made. Vegan Chocolate Avocado Frosting . Went to @traderjoes and found the non dairy . Best when used immediately, but it will stay fresh for up to 3 days. 150 g avocado (approx 1 avocado), ripe, peeled and pitted; 1/2 cup vegetable oil; 300 g light muscovado sugar; 200 g plain flour; 80 g cocoa powder; 1 tsp bicarbonate of … I love avocados and I love chocolate, so I think this frosting is delish! Avocados also support skin health, enhance the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients, and may even help boost the immune system. Servings: 12 people: Ingredients. Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. I recently profiled a Veggie Patch Brownie recipe from a recently published cook book, and that inspired me to experiment on my own. February 24, 2018 by Cindy Leave a Comment. I was pleasantly surprised how well it turned out and how it held up for me to use on my cupcakes. To make the frosting, mix the softened butter with avocado using a hand held mixer, a stick blender or a blender. If you are making a healthier cake you need to make a healthier frosting or you’re not doing your body any favors with the amount of sugar it can call for. I don't pressure nor judge others for their food choices. . This recipe uses Avocados as a base with Cocoa Powder and Maple Syrup as a natural sweetener. Take off the double boiler and continue mixing until all chocolate is melted, smooth and combined. 3 Elderberry Syrup bottl, Looking for a Natural Immunity booster. Pour the batter into a 9 x 13 in (23 x 33 cm) slightly greased pan. Will keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator up to 3 days. This was all that was left by the time all was said and done: Chocolate Beet Cupcakes with Avocado Frosting. It has been over five years since this mama went vegan. Tofu […]. Pour 1 cup of boiling water over the flax meal, mix really well and set aside to soak for 5-10 minutes. Flax meal should become gooey and dense, almost like a gel. 4 tablespoons golden flax meal (other flax meal will work as well), 1 stick butter, softened (vegan, or if making vegetarian version regular butter will work), 10 oz dark chocolate chips (vegan brand I like is Enjoy Life), 2 cups flour (all-purpose gluten-free if needed). If you are curious and want to learn more about the vegan and plant based lifestyle, I'm more than willing and happy to school you on it. Stop when about 75% of chips are melted, but continue to mix. It's naturally vegan, gluten free and healthier than typical frosting! But, it should still be fairly dry, with perhaps some melted chocolate on it. And the best thing about this strategy is that, guess what? maple syrup or cassava syrup, if using processed stevia you will want to use 2-3 Tbsp. I usually recommend roasting (not boiling) the vegetables, as roasting brings out more sweetness and makes the veggies less mushy. 1Tbsp Avocado Oil Chocolate … Ingredients. You can cut the calories further by omitting the liquid sweetener and only using stevia. Chips on the other hand…. If you want to learn more about the health benefits of avocados CLICK HERE. If so, you might need to add a little almond milk to get a smooth consistency. 1 Wh, This error message is only visible to WordPress admins, Organic Elderberry Syrup with Rosehips & Echinacea, Vegan Revithosoutzoukakia {Chickpea Patties in Tomato Sauce}. Microwave on high in 30 second increments. My concoction includes lots of vegan chocolate – Enjoy Life is the brand I can find around where I live but any semi-sweet vegan chocolate chips or baking chocolate will work – and some vegan butter which you could likely omit if going for a really healthy version. This Chocolate Avocado Frosting is so easy, decadent and rich! You will need to do the same if using microwave oven. Avocados have so many benefits, for instance, they are a great source of vitamins C, E, K, and B-6. The avocado frosting, I made the next day, just before serving. Elderberry, SpringTime Veggie Chowder This Chocolate Avocado Frosting is so easy, decadent and rich! Sweet potato chocolate cake recipe. Avocados also contain riboflavin, niacin, folate, pantothenic acid, magnesium, and potassium. Sweet Potato Chocolate Cake GF vegan with Avocado Chocolate Frosting. The magic of chocolate is real – just ask anyone who has ever had a piece of delicious, rich, dark chocolate goodness. I love avocados and I love chocolate, so I think this frosting is delish! Of course, that makes desserts like brownies so addictive. Add melted chocolate and mix until creamy. Oh, yes: let the brownies cool completely before frosting and after you frost them it’s best to give them some time for the frosting to firm up a bit before biting in. Me and my youngest are the only vegans in my household. Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Chocolate Avocado Frosting. I just happen to love food. Though I personally preferred the cupcakes still warm, they were fine the next day. Take the brownies out of the oven and let them cool completely. After each 30 second period, check the chocolate and mix. These brownies full of oats and chickpeas may do the trick! So enjoy! Learn how your comment data is processed. Course: Dessert: Prep Time: 5 minutes : Servings: 1- 9” round cake. Leave a comment below and share a picture on, liquid sweetener, i.e. Even the top out then bake for 25 minutes or so. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! I love to hear your feedback and see your creations! Cut into square and serve! That’s how this recipe came about. Store leftovers in refrigerator. Some refined versions are not always vegan so it’s always a good idea to look into the brand and their manufacturing methods. It’s naturally vegan, gluten free and healthier than typical frosting! I’m a mama to three boys {a 17 year old, 6 year old and 5 year old}. Obviously, we aren’t going to eat 3 a day, but I doubt that anyone ever got fat eating avocados. – nobody will know your secret. Try pairing it with my Spelt Chocolate Espresso Cake & Cupcakes recipe. Spread the frosting over the brownies, decorate as desired (the wiggles on my photo above were done using a fork), and let the frosting firm up (30-60 minutes should do it!). You won’t believe how rich and amazingly good it is until you make it yourself. Free of any nuts or seeds and contains two portions of fruit/veg. Total Time: 40 minutes. Happy eating! Required fields are marked *. . I love the challenge to veganize all dishes while keeping myself and my family as plant based as I can. You won’t believe how rich and amazingly good it is until you make it yourself. Your email address will not be published. Please note that these brownies have lots of chocolate so the toothpick may not come out dry. There are three core elements of the Mediterranean cuisine such as the grape, olive, and wheat, […], When I transitioned from the love of eating chicken {now it just hurts my heart and makes me gag thinking about contributing to the pain of innocent chickens} to using meat alternatives in the beginning of my vegan journey, tofu was my greatest addiction. But, if you are making these brownies for a special occasion like Valentine’s Day, Thanksgiving, St. Patrick’s Day, New Year’s Eve, graduation…, being a bit indulgent seems justified to me.