W . 'Watch what you're saying about my girlfriend mate, or you'll be cruising for a bruising. K . Wondering where all the Cockney Rhyming Slang is? ', 'Had the chippy in today to repair my roof. It's slang, rude words and euphemisms from all over Britain. I . A few words about slang, this website and what words are listed. This is real slang used by real Brits. Know any slang that's spoken in Britain but not in the dictionary? That includes England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the floaty, rocky bits nearby. 'I'm not lending you any money! Z . Submit words and phrases for inclusion, ask a question, or just contact the dictionary. Q . ', Person of lower-class, particularly one who lives on benefits, 'The Prime Minister was Chillaxing at Chequers this weekend. var theName = 'slang', theDomain = 'manchester.ac.uk'; ', 'You look the cat's whiskers in that new suit. © Copyright TED DUCKWORTH 1996 - 2020. O . '">' + theName + '@' + theDomain + '' ); Recommended reading - books on slang and dictionaries. M . E . Informal - not slang but informal speech (formerly called a colloquialism), slang(replace with @ symbol)manchester.ac.uk. Abbreviations used, A Dictionary of English Slang & Colloquialisms. P . We love Cockney so much we gave it a dedicated site - go to CockneyRhymingSlang.co.uk. Please do not copy this dictionary or post copies of the content online without first seeking permission from the author, Ted Duckworth, at slang(replace with @ symbol)manchester.ac.uk. Follow @British__Slang; What is British Slang? Y . rhyming slang, the full monty, Gordon Bennett and nadsat. T . All Rights Reserved. C . Read more... A few essays on various slang and word topics, incl. This is real slang used by real Brits. c*on is british slang which means something very inappropriate which you should not be searching. ', 'Don't worry Rodney everything is cushty. H . ', 'Got any coffin nails on you, I'm gasping! Send it in and be credited for ever. ', Top 5 Reasons Why TWERKING Must NEVER Catch On In Britain, Use of Word 'Pleb' Could Cost Minister His Job. All rights reserved. S . Our dictionary aims to be authentic - not made-up (like Roger's Profanisaurus - which we love by the way). F . B . It's slang, rude words and euphemisms from all over Britain. Our dictionary aims to be authentic - not made-up (like Roger's Profanisaurus - which we love by the way). Urban Dictionary and our advertising partners set cookies on your computer to improve our site and the advertisements you see. This website and all its content is protected under international copyright law. G . General term for a sexual infection of the genitals, or venereal disease. Noun. To be heading for a fight, or any kind of defeat or downfall. English slang words beginning with C. This extensive slang dictionary, first published in 1996, presents slang & informal expressions currently in use in the UK, listing over 5000 slang expressions. That includes England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the floaty, rocky bits nearby. Copyright infringements are treated very seriously, and where previous such incidents have occurred, the copyrighted material successfully removed, either voluntarily or through legal recourse. ', 'I'm supposed to give the best man's speech at my mate's wedding, but I've got the collywobbles. c*on is british slang which means something very inappropriate which you should not be searching. If you see a hyperlink, click to get alternative slang or alternative translations. Copyright (c) 2012 BritishSlang.co.uk. ', Black person who acts or speaks like a white person, 'We can't go in that pub, it's chocka, the football's on', Person who collects money by accosting passers-by in busy streets, 'Look at the old fella, chuntering away to himself. N . L . U . J . document.write( '