Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Why not try this citrus cake on a very hot summer day? Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Use to serve on a warm bread pudding. Orange Sponge Cake. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition Orange Truffles. 2 tablespoons finely shredded orange peel. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Didn't have triple sec. Info. I tried several orange sauce recipes on all recipes before settling on this one. This is a great sauce for crepes and many other dishes. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. I like to bake this lovely three-layer cake instead of a more traditional pie for … Made it very decadent. Orange Custard Pie. Congrats! Staff Picks. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. I will make a pudding cake using leftover apple puree & ground "Amish Friendship Loaf". Serve warm. Whisk cold water and cornstarch in a small bowl; whisk cornstarch mixture into the simmering sauce until thickened and no longer cloudy. Still yummy. Tip: If blood oranges aren't in season, substitute regular oranges for an equally delicious citrus-packed sweet. Lemon Orange Cake. Perfect! She served it with her own Schiacciata alla Florentina or Italian Easter Cake. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Great with my gluten free crepes! So good. Bring orange juice, sugar, butter, and salt to a simmer in a saucepan over medium heat. Remove sauce from heat and stir in orange peel and triple sec. Dreamy Orange Cupcakes. You saved Warm Orange Sauce to your. This one is in my favorites from here on out. Million Dollar Cake. I used 3 cups of orange & tangerine puree 2 cups of brown sugar and margarine equivalent to butter. 49. Others are too runny or lack real orange flavor. Should have asked the Fellowship Leadership to approve the Triple Sec... erg needed to make more than 1L of Warm Orange Sauce. Advertisement Delicious! Made this today to go with crepes. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. It is sweet and thick with a fresh orange flavor. Beth's Orange Cookies. Fresh-squeezed blood orange juice gives these luscious baked bars the perfect touch of tartness. Definitely add the triple sec. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Bring orange juice, sugar, butter, and salt to a simmer in a saucepan over medium heat. 158 calories; protein 0.3g 1% DV; carbohydrates 22.3g 7% DV; fat 5.9g 9% DV; cholesterol 15.3mg 5% DV; sodium 43.1mg 2% DV. Crepes or a pound cake would be good also. This sauce was made for me by Candice! Make these easy divinely decadent chocolate truffles that sing with bright orange … Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. There is a holiday feast at my community church next week so I asked to make the desert (for 40 members celebrating Christmas)! this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Thanks for the recipe---and the idea of what to do with a sponge-type cake. The sauce was the perfect accompaniment to a cup of morning coffee. Piled onto a buttery crust, the orange dessert gets an extra hint of sweetness from a sprinkle of powdered sugar. Yum! But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish.